Hello my crafty friends! I want to share some cards with you today using a technique I haven’t use in a long time!
Today’s challenge on Scrapbook Challenges is to create a Thank You card using any of the three layout sketches.
Such a fun challenge! I chose the middle sketch, the one with the sunburst/rays as my inspiration and created my card.
How I made my card:
- For my background: I took an embossing folder (Sizzix Tim Holtz Rays), and rub on Distress Inks ( Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Abandoned Coral and Festive Berries) on the debossed side of the embossing folder. I spritzed 2 spritzes of water and put my cardstock on it and closed the embossing folder and ran it through my Cuttlebug.
- After it’s dry, the embossed “rays” are slightly white, and I blended the same distress inks lightly. Then I diecut it with my largest stitched rectangles (Simon Says Stamp)
- I used my Cameo and diecut “Thank you”. I layered it 4 times so that it has that dimensional look. I adhered it in the middle of the right corner.
- Then I took my all time favourite Thanks stamp set (Hero Arts Stamp & Cut) and actually stamped all the sentiments with Versamark onto black cardstock and heat-embossed them with white embossing powder. Then I cut them into little strips like black label stickers.
- I adhered each label onto the rays like a sunburst effect. I adhered the panel onto black card base. Then I spritzed DIY perfect pearl mist on the card for extra shimmer effect!
It was a lot of fun so I made similar ones.
For this card, I think I spritzed more water so the colors are more saturated.
Then I decided make another one for a friend – which is more like a ‘hello’/encouragement card.
For this card, I use Wilna Furstenberg free cutfile and Tim Holtz small talks stickers. Pretty fun!
Hop over to Scrapbook Challenges and check out more design team inspiration! Thank you for stopping by and Happy crafting!