Hello everyone! This month I created a few summer-themed scrapbook layouts so I created a summer-themed card today. I just had tons of scraps leftover from the layouts. I realised the best way to use up scraps is to make a card straightaway after a layout is completed. That way I won’t forget the papers I have and the scrap pile will not build up. (well not really, my scrap pile is still mountain high, but at least I am trying lol)
Today on Sketch N Scrap is a card sketch designed by Heather. Such a fun sketch to work with.
I created a summer-themed card for an everyday occasion card inspired by this sketch.
Supplies: Cardstock: American Crafts Textured, Recollections Patterned Paper: Pressed Petal Tools: Silhouette Cameo, Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangles Stamp: Heidi Swapp Ink: Ranger Archival Art supply: Liquitex Iridescent Antique Gold paint marker, DIY Perfect pearl mist
- I diecut a black cardstock with my stitched rectangle die. I spritzed some perfect pearl mist to make it shiny. Once it’s dry I adhered it to my white card panel. Then I added a strip of diagonal striped patterned paper onto the top of the card.
- I cut the banner with white cardstock with my Silhouette Cameo. I left the triangles (banner) white but colored the string with gold paint pen marker.
- I had a piece of patterned paper with different border patterns on it that is about 2inches by 12 inches. I just cut them up and use them separately as embellishments usually.
- I fussy cut the blue polka dot pennants from the patterned paper and layered it on top of the triangles for added interest.
- Then I just cut out some tickets from the same patterned and added the different strips of patterned paper from my stash.
- I finished the card as I stamped the sentiment “#youarethebest” for my card. This card I think can be used for an everyday occasion card with a summer theme.
I hope you will make a card with this sketch and join us on Sketch N Scrap for more sketch challenges.We would love to see what you have created. Hop over to Sketch N Scrap and check out what the other design team members had created!
Thanks for stopping by and Happy crafting!