Hello everyone! I hope you are playing along with our March sketches and having fun! Today I have not one but two cards to share with inspired by the card sketch designed by Kelly on the Sketch N Scrap blog.
St Patrick’s Day is coming – and this sketch is absolutely perfect for it but I made cards for different occasions instead lol I am trying to make more birthday cards so I have them ready instead of rushing for one when I really need one.
I made two cards – one requiring more time and effort and another card really quick and simple.
Card #1: Birthday card
- I started with a white cardstock that is slightly smaller than an A2 standard card size. I cut a 4.125′ circle with my circle cutter to use as a mask and place it in the middle.
- Then I took a circle stencil that has different size of circles and pick 3 Distress inks. I used Spiced Marmalade, Abandoned Coral and Picked Raspberry and blended them to create an ombre effect.
- Then I diecut the white cardstock of my background with Simon Says Stamp stitched rectangles with the largest die. I also diecut a small label with the smallest die for my sentiment.
- I had a 3×4 pocket card from MAMBI that has the colors that matched my background and diecut it with fourth die from the largest.
- I took a piece of pink vellum and stamped a script stamp (from Heidi Swapp) with Versamark and heat embossed it with white embossing powder.
- I stamped “Happy Birthday” onto the label diecut. The ‘happy’ is from Hampton Art and ‘birthday’ is from Hero arts. (I find that being able to mix different stamps sets on one card gives me great satisfaction lol)
- Then I found a piece of banner scrap piece of patterned paper of cupcakes and added it to my card.
- I adhered all the pieces together and mounted the panel onto red card base. To adhere the vellum piece I used tape runner on the parts where it would be covered by the strip of cupcakes and my sentiment label. I also added a little bit of wet glue at the embossed script area because all adhesives will show through vellum.
Here are some close up pictures:
Supplies: Cardstock: (white and red) Recollections, (pink vellum) Recollections Patterned Paper: Pressed Petal, MAMBI Stamp: (birthday) Hero Arts, (Happy) Hampton Art, (script) Heidi Swapp Inks: Distress ink – Spiced Marmalade, Abandoned Coral, Picked raspberry, Versamark Die: (stitched rectangles) Simon Says Stamp Stencil: (circles) Plaid
Since I already made one card and saw through my pile of papers I made another card really quickly.
Card#2: An all occasion card
Supplies: Cardstock (white) Recollections Patterned Paper: Pressed Petals, 3×4 pocket card MAMBI
I spritzed some teal homemade spray onto a white A2 card. Then I cut a 4.125′ circle with my circle cutter and a 2′ x 5′ strip and cut it to a banner. I added a pocket card from MAMBI and adhered all the pieces onto the card. I added some leaves sequins just for some interest on the card.
I hope you would give this sketch a try and make some cards. It can take some time or no time at all depending on what kind of cards you like to make. Remember to stop by Sketch N Scrap for more design team inspiration. Hope you would play along the sketches and I would love to see your creations linked up.
Thanks for stopping by and Happy crafting!