Hello and Happy Sunday to you! Today I have a card to share with you – a card that has autumn colors;
This card is inspired by a card sketch designed by the talented Lisa Hidy over at Sketch N Scrap blog. It is a super cute sketch – perfect for any occasion.
Here is the sketch:
Here is my card:
How I made my card:-
- Cut a white panel cardstock to measure 4″x 5.25″. I used three different washi tape as the background.
- I took another white piece of cardstock and die cut a label using Spellbinders Label 31. Then I stamped the owl in Archival Jet Black ink. I watercolored the owl with Peerless watercolors. Then I added Glossy accents for a dimensional gloss finish. After the Glossy Accents dried, I added the googly eyes for the fun and a little interaction when one shake the card.
- I die cut the frame behind the white label with Spellbinders Scalloped Rectangle die. I die cut two rectangles from brown cardstock, then I cut both of them into half to layer to make a bigger square. Then I adhered the white label on top of it with foam tabs and you cannot see the seam where I joined the rectangles.
- I stamped the sentiment “you make me so” from Hero Arts Stamp & Cut Happy set in archival black ink. Then I die cut the “happy” with white fun foam and adhered to the card.
- I adhered the card panel with a brown cardstock from DCWV as the card base. The finished card measured a standard A2 card. (4.25″ x 5.5″)
It was a cute kind of card and it was nice to use autumn colors.
I hope you will stop by the Sketch N Scrap blog and check out what the other talented design team members had to share with you. I hope you will also play along with our sketches and can’t wait to see your fabulous creation! Thanks for stopping by and Happy crafting!