Hello! I hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend. So far the day has been rainy and cloudy, but I am enjoying it. It means more time spending indoors to craft! Today I have a card to share. It’s almost autumn now. So I made an autumn theme card for a friend’s birthday coming up soon. I still like to call it “autumn” instead of “fall season”. That’s how we are used to it in Malaysia; same goes for “boot = trunk”, “lift = elevator”, “lorry = truck”. My husband (from Canada) sometimes can’t get used to it. lol Well I digress…
Here is my card:
How I made my card:
- On a white cardstock cut to 4″x5.25″, I took a gelato – Margarita Mix and mix it with water on a packaging and ‘smoosh’ it onto my background.
- Then I use a Dylusion stencil (Floral Flourish) for my vine image. I used a mixture distress inks – Crushed Olive, Cracked Pistachio and Abandoned Coral. I just blend the colors together till it look “autumy”.
- I used Hero Arts Happy Stamp and Cut set and stamped my sentiment in Ranger Jet Black archival ink.
- Using the same Dylusion set, there was a leaf stamp which I used to stamped with Ranger Jet Black archival ink. I used the same Distress inks- Crushed Olive, Cracked Pistachio and Abandoned Coral and watercolored the leaves. Then I fussy cut them with scissors and adhered it to my card with foam tabs.
- I mounted the white panel card onto a black card base. I added sequins to decorate the card as finishing touches to the card.
It was a really quick and simple birthday card. This card was inspired by a challenge over at A Blog Named Hero. Their latest challenge is a “Happy challenge”- using the word Happy in the project or a project that makes you happy. How fun! Check out their blog to see beautiful projects shared and for more inspiration.
Hope you will make some crafty projects using autumn colors! Check out my Instagram (link in the sidebar on the right) to see some other crafty projects! Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!