Hello! I feel that time passes so fast. The week is flying by! Today I have a mixed media layout to share.
My layout is inspired by a sketch designed by Laura Whitaker over at Stuck?! Sketches.
This picture was one of the stack of the aquarium photos that I took. In the aquarium, this ‘Nemo’/clownfish aquarium has a mini tunnel underneath. It enable access to the centre of the aquarium which is hollow. So it looks like we were inside the aquarium. Pretty fun and cool!
I really had fun making this layout! I made some paint splatters with my paint dabbers. Then I used the “ink-smooshing” technique with distress inks. I punched out some stars and added glossy accents for a more shiny and dimensional look for my embellishments.
The white cardstock was quite warped after my beautiful mess. You can still notice it on the layout. I wished I had use more adhesive when I mounted it onto the green background paper. But it’s okay. Next time I will add lots of adhesive to smooth it out. It is not that noticeable after putting it behind the page protector.
Most of the supplies used are from my homemade July CKC kit.
- Papers: Heidi Swapp No Limits, My Mind’s Eye Street Market Green Grass
- Punch: Fiskars -Twinkle Twinkle
- Stickers: American Crafts Thickers -Bingo Chip
- Ink: Ranger Distress Ink – Mustard Seed, Wild Honey
- Paint: Ranger Pool paint dabber
- Adhesive: American crafts This to That tape runner, foam squares, Ranger Glossy Accents
Thanks for stopping by and Happy crafting!