Hello everyone! Today I have a layout to share inspired by a sketch over at ScrapMuch? designed by Laura Whitaker.
The story behind the photo is we went to a korean restaurant to try out the different styles of korean fried chicken. Amazingly, they have a lot of variety of fried chicken recipes. We ordered the “Blazing Fire Chicken”. It certainly blazing hot & spicy! It was so good. Who knew fried chicken can be so varied.
I liked how the layout turned out. I incorporated my machine stitching for some texture and interest. Quite fun to see those zig-zag stitches although I don’t know why some of the stitches jumped. But that’s ok. I made the daisies embellishments from a punch. I really like my DIY embellishments from punches and dies. Most of the supplies are from my July CKC kit but I am adding pops of color in my embellishments.
- Papers: Heidi Swapp No Limits Paper Pad, My Mind’s Eye- Bohemian, Lost and Found
- Punches: American Crafts Knockouts-Scallop Border, Fiskars -Oopsie Daisy
- Adhesive: American Crafts This to That tape runner, foam squares
- Stickers: American Crafts Thickers – Bingo Chip, October Afternoon Mini Market- Sherbet
- Others: Blue sequins, white buttons, white& yellow twine, filmstrip washi tape, doily
Thanks for stopping by and Happy crafting!