Welcome to the Counterfeit Kit Challenge (CKC) Member’s Blog Hop June 2015! Today I am honored to be a part of this blog hop.
Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog encourages you to build a scrapbooking kit out of the supplies you already have. Each month they also have challenges to inspire you to use the kit you have made.
This month’s challenges were:-
- Challenge #1: Patterned die cuts
- Challenge #2: Transportation challenge
- Challenge #3: One side or the other
I have a layout to share that I made using my June CKC kit. I combined challenge #1 and #3 together for my layout.
Challenge #1 – Patterned die cuts. I made my DIY embellishments – paper flowers (again) from the dies I have. I used the papers from my kit so the colors will matched well with the layout. Making your own embellishments is a really good way to use up patterned paper if you have a lot of papers in your stash. I also incorporated my wood veneers as my title. I inked my wood veneers with an ink that matched the papers. The “Friends” wood veneer, I inked it with a green pigment ink so I could heat embossed it with clear embossing powder for a glossy finish. It would stand out more on that shiny glitter background paper.
Challenge #3 – using one side or the other also encourage you to have white space on the page. Honestly, I always struggle with leaving white space on my layouts. I feel like I need to add stuff to fill in the empty space, but white space don’t need to be white! It works perfectly with busy patterned papers. My ‘Floral Frenzy’ kit had many busy floral patterns so I am comfortable leaving the “white” space blank. With busy patterned papers, you will require less embellishments to decorate the layout as well. I did extend a little bit more than half the page with parts of my embellishments; so my layout is like two thirds the page I would say then, but I still stuck with the top part of the layout right, with this challenge! So I still picked a side (lol) Anyways, there is still lots of white space on the lower left diagonal part of the page.
- Papers: DCVW French Country Style Paper Pad, My Mind’s Eye Lost and Found
- Die: Tim Holtz Tattered Floral Die, Sizzix Flower Layers #2
- Punch: Martha Stewart 3-1 Butterfly
- Wood veneers: Art Minds, Recollections
- Ink: Colorbox Moss Green pigment ink, Waffleflower #7 Marigold petal ink, Distress ink- Walnut stain
- Others: Recollections brads, clear embossing powder, pink rhinestones, doily, paper leaves from my stash
I hope you will give these challenges a try when you make your own layouts! Thank you so much for stopping by. I would love to have you leave me a comment to let me know you were here and happy hopping!
Next on the blog hop is Susan!
Here’s the complete list of order for the Blog Hop:
- CKCB http://www.counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com
- Lisa http://lisahausmann.blogspot.de
- Tina http://tinasscrapcorner.blogspot.com
- Leslie http://lcsmithsaved-outofthemire.blogspot.com
- Julie http://jsquaredscrapspot.wordpress.com
- Karen https://pinkycrafter.wordpress.com (
- Susan http://littlethingsbigdays.blogspot.com
- Cindy http://www.cindyscreations-cinmfoster.blogspot.com
- Kate http://www.kateblue.blogspot.com/
- Margie http://scrappinmargie.blogspot.com