I got my second layout done from my June homemade CKC kit. I have to admit going all floral frenzy is a little bit out of my comfort zone but I really am enjoying it. I am using up my stash!
It is a photo taken with my husband at downtown Toronto, while we were checking out Roundhouse Park. We were trying to get a photo of the train behind us with super bright sunlight in our eyes. It was hard! But the train can’t be seen, oh well.. and the two of us turn out not too bad in the photo! (lol)
I made this layout based on a sketch over at Let’s Get Sketchy. Hop on over to their blog for more inspiration!
I used my Tim Holtz Tattered Floral Die again to make my DIY embellishments! The die is really completing my floral frenzy kit! I really just love die cutting! Definitely a favorite tool/technique that I always try to include in my papercrafting. Below are the other supplies used:
- Papers: DCWV-The French Country Stack, Heidi Swapp- No Limits, Donna Salazer- Antiquities
- Stencil: Amy Tan alphabets embroidery stencil (it has this fun loop thread template)
- Tools: EK Success Circle Scissors (to cut my circle rings), American Crafts Knockout Border Punches, Provocraft Cuttlebug
- Dies: Sizzix Thinlits Tim Holtz Scribbles and Splat (Heart die), Sizzix Tim Holtz Tattered Floral, Sizzix Sizzlits Decorative Strip – Giant Scallop Die, Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Confetti Die (for the leaves)
- Ink: Ranger Weathered Wood Distress Ink (inked edges – I always inked the edges of my papers, diecuts, etc)
- Others: American Crafts DIY Thickers- Bree Fabric chipboard stickers (misted with pink metallic paint), metallic gold thread, moss green embroidery floss, American Crafts This to That tape runner, Recollections Gem Brads, Doily (got it from the baking aisle)
Some close up pictures:
Thanks for stopping by and Happy crafting!
Updated – 6/26/2015
I decided to change the colors of the flowers. I wanted the colors of the flowers to have more contrast with the page.