I made my first layout using my homemade kit ( I decided to name it Floral Frenzy) that I made from the CKC challenge. It was a little bit difficult using all those floral papers, but the end result was quite lovely I would say!
This layout was created using a sketch over at Let’s Get Sketchy
I used a stamped arrow image from Heidi Swapp Arrow stamp and combined stitching from the We R Memory Keepers Sew Easy script template to make my title. I heavily embellished my page with florals, afterall I am going for the floral frenzy look this month! The floral embellishment were felt diecuts using Tim Holtz Tattered Floral die. I had bought a lot of felt in the past, (for what reason I don’t know lol). But I had so much fun making these.
It is quite easy to make;
- Diecut the middle size flower from the die
- Fold it in half
- and then half again from the earlier half of the flower
- Hot-glue in the middle where the finger is pinching in the middle.
- Build the flower with 3-4 of the flower petals and hot glue them all together. It can be larger or smaller based on your preference.( I had made larger embellishments for home decor/canvas using the largest floral in the die using the same method.)
I have a lot of stamps with matching die. So I use the Heidi Swapp arrow stamp and die to make part of my title. I can see myself using the other sentiments for other diecuts for embellishments too.
The diecuts I used on the page will make the scrapbook layout a little bit more bulkier but once it is in the page protector and in the album sitting upright on the shelf it doesn’t get squashed up much. It is made from felt, so it is easily fluff up again and made into shape if needed.
Here some close up pictures of the embellishments: ( I added the diecuts leaves from my stash and punched out butterflies)
I am playing along with:
- Counterfeit Kit Challenge: #1: Patterned Diecut for my title, Forgeries on the Fourth
- Scrap Our Stash BRADS Challenge: B– Brown inked edges, butterflies, R – rhinestone, A – arrow stamp, D– diecuts, S– stitching
- Frosted Designs : Fabric Challenge
- Challenge YOUrself: #19 Anything Goes
Thanks for stopping by and Have a Great Day! Happy crafting!