I have a card to share today! I decided to go all polka dot frenzy with this card. Polka dot pattern is pretty versatile; suitable for everyone and everything. It is actually really quick and easy to make. It is a Father’s day card! Never be afraid to use pink for masculine cards. Pink fashion in men is extremely popular! 🙂 Well I am sure my dad would not mind it!
I used texture paste with a polka dot background stencil. Then I used different polka dot pattern pattern papers to make banners for the card. I used a 3×4 Project life card for my sentiment. I added alphabet stickers to make my focal sentiment more personal. I inked all the paper edges with Weathered Wood distress ink.
I made my card based on a sketch over at Sketch~N~Scrap. Hop on over their blog for more inspiration.
I am also playing along Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Make it Masculine and Casology: Week #149:Vintage
Here is the inside of the card: I did try to use papers that match the front of the card.
- Papers: My Mind’s Eye Lost and Found & Chalk Studio 6×6 Paper pad, Recollections: white and grey cardstock
- Stamp: Hero Arts Stamp & Cuts Happy set
- Alphabet stickers: October Afternoon Sticky Keys -Key Caps
- Ink: Waffle Flower Petal Point Ink # 9 Coral, Ranger Archival – Watering Can, Weathered Wood distress ink (inked edges)
- Others: texture paste, Adhesives: American Crafts This to That tape runner, Recollections Dots stencil, Project Life card – Cinnamon edition Project Life Core kit, Foam tape
Thanks for stopping by and Happy crafting!