I love coffee! My friends love coffee too.. such an enjoyment.. So I made a card that goes with the coffee I bought to gift to a friend.
I used the Hero Arts Need Caffeine stamp set, and it was so perfect for coffee lovers!
- I actually used most of the stamps as a background to create like a chalkboard art. I arranged how I like it on the card and stamped it on with my Fiskars stamp press. I loved how these stamps are created to give the distressed look.
- I inked the stamps with VersaMark ink which is a sticky ink for my embossing powder to stick. Before stamping, I run the EK Success powder tool to remove any static or dirt on my white cardstock.
- I used Hero Arts white embossing powder and heat set it with my heat tool.
- I die-cut the part where the “enjoy” is because I want that sentiment to pop-up and stand out from the rest. I used Spellbinders Labels Five – the 4th die from the largest which fit perfectly for that sentiment.
- I used Distress Inks – Weathered Wood, Pumice Stone and Black Soot to create my ombre grey tones inspired by the Hero Arts Grey to black tones ink pad which I have not got a chance to get. The heat-embossed background will resist the ink. Rub excess ink off with a paper towel. Then I spritzed some DIY sparkling mist (some perfect pearls mixed with water) onto the panel to give it some shine.
- I mounted my card on white card base and pop up my diecut with foam tape.
Here is a close up picture:
This card was created based on a challenge over at Hero Arts blog:
-I used the last vertical row: heat embossing, die-cutting and my favorite color (in my case its was grey tones). It was a lot of fun playing the tic-tac-toe challenge.
Thanks for stopping by and Happy crafting!