I am really in the mood to create cards these days! I need to catch up on my scrapbooking once I get my photos printed! I have got lots of photos to document my stories. But today, I have a card to share. I am still crazy about making shaker cards! I discovered that making shaker cards is so much easier with my Walnut Hollow Hotmarks tool. I just used old packaging to make the shaker pouch.
I drew inspiration from two websites to make my card. First is from Simon Says Stamp Inspiration Color Swatch, I just loved the colors.
Second is from Sparkle and Shine blog, I just loved the pretty the rose is in the sequins-filled vase. Super lovely!
Here is my card.
This is how I made my card.
- I used Tim Holtz Mixed Media thinlits die and diecut on a white cardstock panel with my Cuttlebug.
- Heat the Hotmarks tool with the mini flow point tip attached. ( It heats up really quickly, about 5 mins)
- Then I put the diecut white cardstock under an old photoframe glass. I took an old packaging and placed it on top of the glass to see where I need to cut for my shaker pouch. I cut the pouch slightly bigger than my window shape of the diecut. I then filled the pouch with some blue, pink and white sequins and some blue beads.
- I used Thermoweb Sticky Dots to adhere my diecut and the pouch together and adhere to my blue cardstock base. It is so easy to add adhesive to such an intricate diecut with the sticky dots.
- I die cut the flower from the Crate Paper Confetti die set with some pink foil cardstock and pink cardstock. I also diecut some leaves from the same die set.
- Then I cut out my sentiment ‘You are my fave” from the one of the patterned papers from Crate Paper: Maggie Holmes Flea Market collection.
Some close up pictures of the card.
I think you can make any kind of shapes of shaker card. The possibilities are truly endless. I really liked how this card turned out. I need to send this card to my bestie and tell her that she is indeed my FAVE!
I will be entering this card for the 1)Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Inspiration Color Swatch
Check out their blog for more inspiration!
Thanks for stopping by! Happy crafting!