I am totally in love with shaker cards! In my previous post I shared a geometric based wedding card for a friend who is getting married this Saturday. I learned that her wedding color is aqua. So I decided to make a different card in her wedding color instead. I used a different method in making the shaker card, and I think I prefer this method. It is a no bulk shaker card – no messy foam tape needed.
This is the card I made.
Brief step by step instructions:
- Cut a white cardstock panel 4′ by 5.25′. I used Spellbinders Classic Hearts; the 4th heart from the largest hearts die.
- I die cut a heart window using my Cuttlebug. I taped the die to the cardstock with washi tape to prevent it from moving.
- I used the same die and die cut a heart window on my aqua card base (4.25′ by 5.5′). Before die cutting, I aligned where the window on the white cardstock would go on my card base.
- I used the Hot Marks tool by Walnut Hollow to make my shaker pouch. I used the mini flow point as it has more surface area to make the sealed pouch. I took an old packaging to use as my pouch. It is a good way to recycle/reuse what I already have. I took the 3rd heart from the largest hearts die in the collection. It is easier when you use a pouch that is larger than the window. When the tool is hot enough, just run the tool on the outside of the hearts frame. Don’t hold the tool too long in one area because instead of sealing it it will cut through the plastic. Leave an area open so that you can fill the pouch with sequins and beads.
5) I kept the die taped in place when I cut the pouch out from the packaging so that I can fill the pouch easier. I filled it with some pink, gold, silver, teal, pink and red hearts sequins and some beads as well.
6) Once I filled the pouch to my liking, I sealed the pouch by going through with the Hotmarks tool again. It does not matter if the outline of the heart is messy because it will be hidden by the panel. Just ensure that there is no hole in the pouch.
7) I used some double sided tape around the heart window on my white panel as well as my card base. Adhere the pouch in between the window.
8) The shaker card is done and the card is completely flat. I used the Hero Arts Stamp & Cut stamp set and die cut the word Happy and stamped the sentiment Wedding Day. I added 3 heart sequins for the finishing touch.
I decided to decorate the inside of the card as well.
9)I stamped the sentiment Happy and heat embossed it with white embossing powder. Then I die cut the word Happy.
10) I stamped the sentiment “so , for you” on the inside of the card. I also added 3 of the same heart sequins.
Here are more pictures of the card.
I decided to enter this card for a challenge on A Blog Named Hero: CAS
Thanks for stopping by. Happy crafting.